Homework / Practice

 

About 10% of the work happens in the counseling session. The other 90% of change occurs by what you do outside of the counseling sessions. At the end of most sessions, I will provide you with homework. I tend to not use the word homework though, because homework sounds like a chore and carries an implied understanding that the homework is being done for the person that’s directing it, not for the person doing it. So, instead, you and I will come to an agreement on practices that will be helpful for your growth or to meet your goals. People who actively engage in self-growth practices progress much faster towards their therapeutic goals than those who don’t. None will be arduous, beyond your ability to do successfully, or directed by me without your input or agreement.